Tuesday, August 11, 2009

GM Diet Day 7

Today is our final day. I'm really happy to say that we've made it this far. It has not been an easy task by any means.. Honestly it has been very hard. We have upped our workouts, and are totally drinking a ton of water. And we're missing some of our favorite foods. Even though they aren't necessarily bad for us. For example... me having my daily banana and other misc fruits. And Kevin drinking his big glass of milk every night.

I will say that this week has taught me a lot of things. It has taught me to drink a lot more water than I was doing. It has helped me stay away from salts and processed foods. Even though I love them, I will watch how much I eat of them. My body feels like it needs more carbs for running. So I need to find a good balance there. And right now my legs feel like bricks from all my pushups. So my daily 4 mile runs are really tough right now. I keep telling myself "IT WILL GET EASIER"... I'm just hoping that comes sooner than later.

Okay.. So today is a brown rice and vegetable day. And I get to include JUICE! I'm thrilled about that.

Breakfast: 100% No sugar added Fruit Punch (Apple & Eve) juice. Loving it..
Lunch: Brown rice and carrots for me. Brown rice and broccoli for Kev
Dinner: Brown rice for me.. Kevin ate asapragus and brown rice

Amber: Weight Loss/Gain: 2.4 pounds LOST!
Kevin: Weight Loss/Gain: Kevin doesn't remember... only remembers what he weighs now..

GRAND TOTALS FOR THE END OF OUR GM WEEK DIET: Drum roll............

Amber: 7.4 POUNDS!
Kevin: 8.2 POUNDS!

COMBINED!! 15.6 POUNDS!! Woohooooo!! :)

Now to keep it off... We are changing some ways we eat now. Eating less, but more proteins and carbs for all the working out we are doing. I am going to continue to stick to running 4 miles 5 times a week. And continue my 200 pushups everyday, and start gradually adding more to that. We both honestly couldn't feel better right now!

While I'm typing this... I'm enjoying a small yogurt for breakfast, and it's the best!

I am also going to stick to drinking a ton of water a day. That really does help, and flushes out your system.

1 comment: